- 250 grams quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250 grams butter, diced
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup pistachio nuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 quantity white chocolate icing (see recipe on this website)
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC. Grease and line the base and sides of a large 25cm square cake tin.
- Place chocolate and butter in the top of a double saucepan and heat over boiling water until just melted. Alternatively, microwave on high power (100%) for about 2 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the chocolate as it will burn easily. Stir until smooth and leave to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence together until the mixture is thick and fluffy.
- Sift the flour over the beaten egg mixture and fold in alternately with the cooled chocolate mixture. This is easiest done with a slotted spoon. Fold in the pistachio nuts or pecans. Turn the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until the top is lightly golden but the centre is still a little soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Remove from the tin, ice with the white chocolate icing and decorate with pistachio nuts or as wished.