Another fantastic way to use up a glut of feijoas.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¾ cup lemonade
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup chopped peeled feijoax
- ¼ cup finely sliced crystallised ginger
- ¼ cup sugar
- Set the rack above the centre of the oven. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Grease a baking tray or line it with baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Put the lemonade, cream and feijoas into the well and use a knife to mix together, making a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly. Pat into a 18-20cm round and place on the prepared tray. Brush with milk to glaze and scatter over the ginger and sugar. Use a sharp cook's knife to divide the scone into 8 even wedges without cutting all the way through.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked. Transfer to a clean tea towel-covered cake rack to cool. Serve warm with butter.