A hedonistic and truly decadent slice that will be even more delicious if you use rich dark chocolate and unsalted butter.
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 500 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams butter, diced
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts, unsalted and unroasted
- 1 cup plump dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- Line the base and sides of a shallow-sided, 18cm x 28cm or similar slice tin with baking paper.
- Put the condensed milk, chocolate and butter into a microwave proof bowl – preferably glass – and heat in the microwave on high powder for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is hot, though all the chocolate may not necessarily have melted; stir well to combine. Should the chocolate or butter need further time in the microwave, heat at small bursts until all is well melted.
- Stir in the pistachios, apricots and ginger and mix well. Spread out into the prepared tray. The mixture should be about 2-2.5cm thick. Refrigerate until set. Cut into small pieces with a warm, dry knife. Keep refrigerated. When planning to serve, remove from the fridge 30 minutes before hand , as the flavours will be able to be better appreciated if not too cold.