Begin the week with a delicious easy all in one pan roast with vegetables.
- 1 lamb topside
- 2 red onions finely sliced
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed but not peeled
- 2 tblsp Mediterranean style rub
- 1 aubergine
- 4 courgettes
- 8 smallish tomatoes
- 6-8 artichoke hearts (optional)
- Brown the lamb on all sides in a dash of oil in a hot frying pan. Scatter the onion and garlic into the base of a roasting dish and sit the lamb on top. Sprinkle well with the seasoning.
- Roast at 200ºC for 15 minutes.
- Slice the aubergine into 1cm slices and brush with oil. Pan fry until golden on both sides. Halve the courgettes and score the flesh in a diamond pattern. Arrange the courgettes, aubergine, tomatoes and artichokes, if using around the lamb and season well. Return to a 180ºC oven and cook for 1 hour. Remove the meat and allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving the meat. Serve with the juicy that will have collected in the bottom of the roasting dish.
We used Alexandra’s new Seaflakes rub. You’ll find them in selected supermarkets and delicatessens. If not available use 2 tsp dried mixed herbs and 1 tsp salt. Other lamb cuts that could be used here include lamb rack or mini rump roasts