2 large onions, peeled and chopped
5-6 green chillies, desseded
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
¼ cup roughly chopped mint
1 teaspoon each ground allspice and cinnamon
500 grams lean lamb mince
1 cup unsalted shelled pistachio nuts
200 gram pot hummus
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
2 tomatoes, diced
10 olives, chopped
dash of olive oil and vinegar
1. Finely chop the onions in a food processor. Pulse in the chillies, garlic, parsley, mint, allspice, cinnamon, and egg and process to make a smooth mixture. Season very well with salt and pepper.
2. Add the lamb and pulse to make a smooth mix. Pulse in the pistachio nuts.
3. Mould the mixture evenly onto the ends of metal skewers. Grill under a high heat for 10 minutes turning regularly until brown and cooked. Alternatively barbecue on a lightly greased hot barbecue plate turning regularly.
4. Serve the lamb over slices of tomatoes, few olives and drizzled with olive oil and accompany with the Hummus Sauce and Tomato Salsa if wished.
1. Mix all the ingredients together.
1. Mix all the ingredients together.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.
This recipe is also delicious prepared with beef mince or a mix of both beef and lamb.