1/2 cup grated palm sugar
1/4 cup sugar
150 grams butter
grated rind limes or 2 lemons
1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
2 1/4 cups self rising flour
4 tblsp milk
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts (optional)
1 cup icing sugar
2-3 tblsp lime juice
1. Beat the palm sugar, sugar and butter together until soft and light. Beat in the eggs and lime rind.
2. Fold in the banana, sifted flour and milk.
3. Turn into a greased and lined 20cm x 10cm loaf tin and top with pecans or walnuts.
4. Bake at 180°C for 45-50 minutes until cooked. Turn onto a cake rack and cover with the lime glaze. Serve sliced.
1. Sift the icing sugar and mix in the lime juice.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.