Grilled banana and peach parcels
400 grams bacon
1. Discard the bacon rind and stretch the bacon rashers. Peel the bananas and cut into 3 even pieces, crosswise. Wrap bacon rashers around the bananas and secure with a toothpick.
2. Peel, halve and stone the peaches. Cut into thick slices and wrap in remaining bacon rashers. Secure with a toothpick.
3. Cook under a hot grill until the bacon is golden and crisp and the fruit is warmed through. Remove the toothpicks and serve immediately. Accompany with a mango chutney.
- To stop the bananas and peaches discolouring, brush them with a little lemon juice before wrapping in bacon. This way they can be prepared about an hour in advance.
- You can stretch the bacon rashers to make them longer and easier to wrap. The the back end of a large knife, and holding one end of the rasher, run the knife firmly down the length of it. Don't do it so hard as to tear the bacon, but firmly enough to stretch it.
There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.
You need to be Registered and Logged In to post a comment