1 tablespoon oil
400 grams pork pieces, or minced pork
300 grams skinless, boneless chicken thighs, or minced chicken
1 tablespoon whole seed mustard
1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaves
½ cup fresh white breadcrumbs
2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon oil
dash sesame oil
1 fresh chilli or ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
500 fresh plums
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Chop the onion finely and cook gently in the oil until soft but not brown.
2. Cut the pork and chicken pieces into small cubes and pulse in a food processor until finely minced or chopped.
3. In a bowl combine the cooked onion, minced meat, mustard, sage, breadcrumbs and beaten egg. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
4. Mould heaped tablespoons of mixture into burger patty shapes and place on a floured tray until ready to use.
5. Grill or shallow fry for about 4 minutes each side. Serve with plum sauce.
6. Plum sauce
7. Put the ginger, oil and sesame oil in a small saucepan and cook gently until the ginger is tender.
8. Split the chilli, remove the seeds and discard them, chop finely and add to the ginger.
9. Halve, stone and chop the plums and add to the saucepan. Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally. Add the parsley.
10. Process in a food processor or mouli until smooth.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.