2 cups self raising flour
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon paprika
50 grams butter
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
50 grams creamy Havarti cheese, grated
1 cup milk
Prosciutto and Creamy Havarti Melt Topping
1 firm-fleshed aubergine
6 thick slices prosciutto
150 grams Creamy Havarti cheese, grated
12 fresh dates, stoned and quartered
2. Sift the flour, nutmeg and paprika into a large bowl. Rub in the butter until well mixed.
3. Stir in the spring onions and grated cheese. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk. Stir quickly with a knife to form a soft dough.
4. Turn out onto a floured board and knead lightly. Roll or press out to 3cm thickness about 20cm round. Place on a well-greased tray and mark into 6 wedges without cutting all the way through. Dust with flour.
5. Bake at 220ºC for about 12-15 minutes until the scone is well risen, golden and cooked.
7. Cut aubergine into 12x1cm thick slices and brush with oil. Pan-fry for 4-5 minutes on each side until golden and well cooked. Set aside.
8. Add the prosciutto to the pan and cook for about 1 minute until prosciutto just softens. Arrange slices in a crumpled fashion on top of aubergine slices. Scatter over the grated cheese and dates.
9. To serve
10. Split scones in half and place the bases on a baking tray. Top with an aubergine and prosciutto slice, then place under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese melts. Serve with the scone top accompanied by salad greens drizzled with a little olive oil if wished.