1 large aubergine
1 tablespoon salt
1 clove garlic, crushed, peeled and mashed to a paste
125 grams smoked beef or salami
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
Tomato and Red Pepper Wine Sauce
1 large red pepper
½ cup dry white wine
few sprigs parsley
½ sliced onion
1. Cut the aubergine lengthwise into thin slices. Sprinkle the slices with the salt and leave for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil and garlic in a large frying pan and cook the aubergine slices until golden on both sides but not overcooked. Keep warm.
3. Slice the tomatoes and fry quickly in remaining oil.
4. Layer the aubergine slices, tomato slices and smoked beef. There is enough for 2 terrines. Top with grated parmesan cheese and grill lightly. Serve with the Tomato and Red Pepper Wine Sauce.
5. Tomato and Red Pepper Wine Sauce
6. Simmer together white wine, parsley sprigs and onion for 5 minutes. Drain and reserve the liquid.
7. Grill the red pepper under a hot heat until blackened all over. Place in a bag to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel away the charred skin and deseed.
8. Blanch and peel the tomatoes. Puree the tomatoes, pepper and wine together. Season as wished.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.