1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
3/4 cup water
100 grams butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1 tblsp sesame seeds
2 tblsp sunflower kernels
1 tsp baking powder
1. Simmer apricots in water until softened - about 10 minutes. Puree in food processor.
2. Melt the butter and sugar together, stir in rolled oats, mixed spice, sesame seeds and sunflower kernels. Mix well.
3. Add pureed apricots, baking powder and egg - mix only until thoroughly combined.
4. Divide mixture evenly between 2 greased and lined 20cm sandwich tins. Press the mixture down well. Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes or until golden.
5. Allow to cool in tin before cutting each round into 8 wedges. Store in an airtight container.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.
Store these wedges in an airtight container to keep them fresh.