½ cup cream
3 tblsp Grand Marnier (orange liqueur)
3 tblsp icing sugar
8 thick slices of white bread
400 gram can apricot halves, well drained
¼ cup caster sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix together the egg, cream, Grand Marnier and icing sugar. Dip the bread into the egg mixture to coat well but do not allow to become too sodden.
2. Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and pan fry the bread for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Keep warm.
3. Pan fry the well-drained apricot halves, cut side down until golden brown and warm.
4. Serve the toast with the apricot halves, ice cream and sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
1. Stir the sugar and cinnamon together. Perfect on French toast or in an apple pie, you could also make a bigger quantity and keep it in an airtight container.