1 quantity of Sweet Short Pastry
175 grams softened butter
¾ cup caster sugar
1½ cups ground almonds
¼ cup flour
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tblsp sieved apricot jam, warmed
1. Roll out the pastry to line the base and sides of a 24cm loose bottom metal flan tin. Trim away the excess pastry and press the edges firmly to ensure a well-patterned pastry base when cooked.
2. In a bowl beat together the butter, sugar, eggs, almonds, flour and ginger until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Spread this over the base of the flan.
4. Peel, core and halve the apples. Place the cut side down on a chopping board and slice, crosswise, very finely. Arrange the apple slices as you wish on top of the flan. Brush the apple slices with the apricot jam.
5. Place the tart on a pre-heated baking tray in a 190ºC oven and cook for 45 minutes until the pastry is golden and the apples have started to brown.Dust with icing sugar before serving if wished.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.
This tart carries a surprise below the apples.