1 cup flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tblsp sugar
1 egg, separated
1 cup yoghurt
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50 grams butter, melted
¼ cup sugar (caster sugar is best)
2 apples, cored and sliced
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar into a boil and make a well in the centre.
2. Mix together the egg yolk, yoghurt, milk and vanilla essence. Pour the liquid ingredients into the well and mix quickly without beating. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter with the melted butter and diced apple.
3. Heat a waffle iron and cook half cupfuls of the mixture at a time. If you do not have a waffle-iron make pancakes, cooking the mixture in batches in a moderately hot, lightly greased frying pan. Keep warm in a low oven while cooking all the batter. Serve the waffles with the cinnamon sugar and glazed apples.
1. Toss the sugar and ground cinnamon together.
1. Cook the apple slices in a knob of butter in a frying pan. When the apple slices are browned sprinkle them with a little sugar and cook until it melts.