75-100 grams amaretti biscuits
6 tblsp Amaretto (almond liqueur)
6 freshly poached apricots (or use canned) halved
2 cups thick vanilla custard, cool (use homemade)
¼ cup dessert wine
1 tblsp sherry (optional)
2 tblsp brandy
2 tblsp caster sugar
graded rind one lemon
½ cup cream
¼ cup plain yoghurt (optional)
1. Crush the amaretti biscuits and place into 6 tall glasses. Spoon a tablespoon of Amaretto on each and then top each with 2 poached apricot halves.
2. Divide the vanilla custard evenly among the glasses and then top each with a generous serving of syllabub.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
1. Put the wine, sherry, brandy, sugar and lemon rind into a bowl and allow them to stand for about 30 minutes.
2. Whip the chilled cream slowly until it becomes frothy. Gradually beat in the wine mixture a little at a time and continue to beat until the mixture becomes thick and forms soft peaks. Fold in the yoghurt, if using. Chill for about 2 hours before serving.There are no comments for this recipe. You can leave a comment below.
A little decadence does you good...try this sinfully smashing dessert.